- The Goal of Fostering Students and its Three Policies
- A Diversity of Graduate Students
- Our Past Events
- Partnership Committee
- Guidelines for the Prevention of Harassment
- Research Center for Ars Vivendi
- Global COE Program Ars Vivendi
- Art Research Center
- Global COE Program
- Ritsumeikan Center for Games Studies(Japanese)
- International institute of L and CS(Japanese)
- International Justice and Symbiosis Center(Japanese)
- New! Dates of entrance exam has been updated (Apr. 2017)
- New! Schedule of Orientation for Entrance Examination has been updated (Apr. 2016)
- “Voices of Graduate Students” page has been updated
You can read the research contents of current students at Graduate School of Core Ethics and Frontier Sciences and what motivated them to study here.
- Past entrance examination questions are now public(japanese)
Entrance exam questions of academic years 2013 and 2014 are now public.
- Works by Professor Yoshiyuki KOIZUMI has been updated
“Ardent and Egalitarianism” and “A Critique on a film ‘Till Madness Do Us Part’” are now released in PDF form.
- Achievements in 2013 by faculty at Graduate School of Core Ethics and Frontier Sciences
Achievements by faculty at Graduate School of Core Ethics and Frontier Sciences has been updated.
- Download poster and flyers!
Download poster and flyers!(Latest,Japanese)
- >International Conference “Unnoticed Catastrophe – Its Diversity and Ubiquity”
Calling for reporters for international conference, “Unnoticed Catastrophe – Its Diversity and Ubiquity.”
Download conference information and application outline from below.
Conference Information and Application Outline (Japanese)
Conference Information and Application Outline (English)
-Dates: Monday, March 23 to Wednesday, March 25 2015
-Venue: Conference Room at Soshikan Hall, Kinugasa Campus, Ritsumeikan University
-Organizer: Paul DUMOUCHEL, Akira INOUE (both from Graduate School of Core Ethics and Frontier Sciences), Reiko GOTO (Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi university)
Dispatches from Media
- New!A review on a book by a graduate of our department, Mitsuaki ONO, Okinawa Toso no Jidai 1960/1970 (Age of Okinawa Confilct 1960/1970 ) (published by Jimbunshoin, 2014) appeared in The Mainichi (Book Review on November 16.) (Japanese,available to members only)
- A review on a book by Associate Professor Masaya CHIBA, Betsu no Shikata de Tsuitta Tetsugaku (In an Alternative Way; Twitter Philosophy) appeared on Shukan Dokushojin magazine (reviewer: Atsuhi Sasaki, critic.) (2014/09/26)(Japanese)
- In relation with the publication of a book by Associate Professor Masaya CHIBA, Betsu no Shikata de Tsuitta Tetsugaku (In an Alternative Way; Twitter Philosophy) it appeared on the column “Chosha ni Aitai (Meet the Arthur)” on Asahi Shimbun (“’Kari no Rinkaku’ wo Erabitoru (Choosing a Fictitious Silhouette).) （2014/7/27）(Japanese)
- A book by graduate and former assistant teacher, Atsumasa NAGATA (currently a professional researcher at our department), An Ethnography of Transnational Filipinos was introduced by Associate Professor Masako ISHII (Graduate School of Human Sciences at Osaka University) on the 43rd edition of “Southeast Asia: History and Culture (published by Southeast Asia Society at Yamakawa Shuppansha.)((Japanese,amazon)
Nagata’s works have appeared on several academic journals’ book review (such as Japanese journal of Cultural Anthropology.)(Japanese)
- A book by Professor Shinya TATEIWA, To Rebel is Justified: Contemporary history of Psychiatric Care appeared on The Hokkaido Shimbun Press (reviewer: Koji ISHIHARA, Assistant Professor at Graduate School of Tokyo University, column: Shiryo de Shimesu ‘Teitai’ no Haikei (The Backgrounds of ‘Stagnation’ Shown with Data).)（2014/01/26)(Japanese)
- A graduate of our department, Yumiko KAWAKAMI was awarded an Encouragement Prize at the 9th Kawakami Prize sponsored by Fujiwara Shoten(Japanese)